Why Choose Zen Om Yoga Studio
Our private yoga studio in Western Sydney offers you a welcoming energy, free from judgement so as to make you feel completely at ease. You may come in your favourite tracksuit, lounge wear, yoga gear or gym gear. The choice is yours. Join us as a yoga-newbie to become flexible yogi.
Our qualified, experienced yoga teacher has deep understanding of how our body works and what enhances or hinders our wellness. Preeti brings her lifelong dedication to health studies and practice to every yoga class. Read more about Preeti below.
A wide range of yoga classes to suit all levels and life stages are available at Zen Om Yoga Studio. Here classes are constantly evolving so even after attending classes for months together, you will feel as invigorated after each class as you did after your first yoga class at Zen Om Yoga Studio.
We offer a range of yoga classes including:
- Beginners yoga classes – easy to follow yoga class for the absolute novice but also for anyone looking for a slightly slower paced class. Feel refreshed and supple after this class, regardless of your level of fitness.
- General yoga classes – our core yoga classes that heighten body awareness, enhancing flexibility, strength and breathing. A good work out for all fitness levels.
- Prenatal yoga classes – a yoga class that takes into account the bodies of mums to be. Suitable right throughout pregnancy. If you have any specific pregnancy conditions, we recommend you seek medical advice prior to commencing this class.
- Postnatal yoga classes – after birth, our bodies need time to recover. This gentle yoga class will enable you to get your flexibility and strength back after a baby.
- Seniors Yoga – our popular seniors yoga class helps improve flexibility and mobility, making everyday movements easier.
- Meditation classes – focussing on breath and limited movements, you will find a greater sense of body awareness from this guided mediation class. You will leave this class with a calm mind.
- Yoga classes for digestion – if you suffer from digestive issues, this is the yoga class that can help ease digestive symptoms.
- Yoga for lower back – the yoga class for lower back uses core-strengthening postures to support the lower back. A class to help you achieve a supple lower back free of pain.
- Kids Yoga – Our kids yoga class helps improve concentration, confidence, strength and flexibility. A class to help kids achieve calmness and improved posture.
At Zen Om Yoga Studio we practice Japanese Yoga. Japanese Yoga has been described as “the sport of stretching”. The art of Japanese Yoga utilises a variety of poses to tap into the patterns and influences of our everyday life.
Japanese yoga combines traditional yoga postures with movements intended to activate certain meridians within the body and thus to alter or rebalance the structural body. It makes you feel great and promotes life force and other health benefits. Regular practice will improve the blood flow and circulation within the body so you can experience true sense of well being thoroughly. It also help to keep you young, healthy and in great shape.
You will leave our morning yoga classes feel energised and fresh to start the day. Sydney is often referred to as fast moving and busy, so for many Sydneysiders our days are hectic. Our evening yoga classes recognise this by providing the perfect stress release, preparing you for a restful sleep. Best of all you will never feel that our yoga classes are repetitive and boring.
Japanese Yoga can make your body work more efficiently in your daily life and even in other areas of physical training. Even if you are suffering an existing injury, the gentle movements of Japanese Yoga can speed healing and aid the rehabilitation process.
THE BENEFITS OF JAPANESE YOGA
Regular practice of Japanese Yoga can:
- Increase flexibility making everyday movements easier
- Rebalance major muscle groups
- Improve blood flow
- Aid digestion
- Help remove toxins
- Aid joints, ligaments and soft tissues
- Improve your awareness and interactions with the world
- De-stress, relieve anxiety and calm your mind
- Energise and give you a feeling of motivation (particularly morning practice)
- Prepare your body for sleep (evening practice)
- Provide valuable “me” time.
YOGA FOR EVERYONE
Japanese Yoga is suitable for all body shapes and fitness levels irrespective of whether you are string bean or apple shape and size 8 or 28. Everyone will get benefit from the gentle low impact exercises offered by Zen Om Yoga Studio. Zen Om Yoga offers wide range of yoga classes right from beginners to specialised yoga which covers common problem areas relating to digestion and lower back pain. Zen Om Yoga Studio offers flexible time schedule for yoga classes to fit your busy lifestyle.
About Preeti Shah
Preeti Shah will be your yoga instructor, fitness mentor and spiritual light during your time at Zen Om Yoga Studio.
Preeti’s interest in health, nutrition, wellbeing and yoga has developed over a period of more than 15 years. Having completed a Bachelor of Pharmacy in 2001, she was the owner and pharmacist of Health Medicos Pharmacy in India from 2001 to 2004. Sparked by her pharmaceutical background and her own practice of yoga, Preeti’s interest in a holistic approach to health, lead to Australia where she studied nutrition and accomplished her certification in Japanese Yoga Teaching.
Preeti’s Health and Yoga Qualifications
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Nutrition for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Certificate IV in Frontline Management
- Certificate of Japanese Yoga Teaching
- Provide First Aid and Provide CPR (current)