The above yoga pose can easily be performed by following 6 steps:
- Come down on your hands so that your back forms top of the table and your hands and legs form legs of the table.
- Breathe out and lift your hips by straightening elbows and knees so that body takes a form of inverted “V”. The distance between hands and legs should be shoulder width and hip width respectively.
- Press the heels on to the floor feeling a stretch in the back of legs. The legs are straight.
- Let the head and neck hang freely from the shoulder and look up at the belly button.
- Take a deep breath and hold for 4-8 breaths.
- Exhale and bend knees and lower the hips back to table position and relax.
Benefits of the Pose:
Due to great technological advancement lifestyle of corporate employees has become more sedentary than ever before. As such if they spend 1-3 minutes in this pose after a hard day, they will increase energy rejuvenated body. It strengthens the muscles of the chest which in turn increases lungs capacity. It helps to tone muscles of arms, shoulders, legs and feet. As you stretch into this pose your navel is pulled into the spine. This encourages digestive organs to function better. This pose puts heart above the head which encourages blood flow throughout the body. This not only regulates blood pressure but also helps to flush out toxins so as to keep the immune system healthy.
This pose calms down the mind and gives relief from a headache, insomnia and fatigue. It also helps to get relief from symptoms of menopause.
This pose should be avoided if one suffers from high blood pressure, carpal tunnel syndrome, detached eye retina, weak eye capillaries, dislocated shoulder, diarrhoea. It is important to learn and practise yoga pose under the supervision of a trained yoga teacher.